Installing sandstone pavers for your driveway, walkway, or patio is a comparatively economical and aesthetic way of upgrading your home. While other materials like asphalt or granite for your home are always good options, sandstone pavers require less maintenance, are stronger, and are incredibly environmentally friendly. To give you a better insight, here are some,
1. Check the soil type: Before laying out your sandstone, ensure that the soil is durable enough to support its weight and other additional loads, like people, furniture, and vehicles. Surfaces that need to handle more weight, like a driveway, need more substantial soil bases. Crushed stone or recycled concrete aggregate works well here.
2. Your sand bedding should be compact: As it is the one holding your pavers together. The sand needs to be firm to provide the friction which keeps the pavers in place. The compaction process is usually done by heavy machinery.
3. Don’t Forget About The Drainage System: Water logging becomes an issue and eventually weakens your paving. Hence, it needs to be redirected away from it through an effective drainage system. Whether it’s a skyscraper or a simple driveway paving job, the drainage cannot be left ignored.
4. Keep it together: Using paver edging to have your sandstone pavers’ edges together results in a stronger walkway, driveway, or patio. Not keeping the edges together will give you unsightly gaps, as the pavers them selves tend to move over time.
5. Let it settle: Wait for a few hours before driving or walking on your pavement. Using a sealer is also a good idea. But if you aren’t waiting for at least 24 hours, it allows your newly installed pavers to “settle” into place.
Compared to other materials, sandstone pavers prove to be more beneficial in the long run. Besides being aesthetically pleasing, they fit in your budget! During the time of installation, remember to follow this quick and easy guide.
Are you looking for the best sandstone pavers service providers in Southeast Queensland? Sandstone World is your top source of Sandstone supplies. Contact us today and find the perfect sandstone products that fit your needs!
Call 07 3339 1545